Sentinel & Enterprise, Posted: 11/07/2013 06:34:48 AM EST
DEVENS — Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry is planning for its Thanksgiving Dinner Distribution event on Monday, Nov. 25. This annual event provides needy families all the fixings for their Thanksgiving celebrations — stuffing, gravy, pie, cranberry sauce, juice, fresh vegetables and even a turkey or chicken.
This year, Loaves & Fishes allotment of frozen turkeys from the Greater Boston Food Bank is significantly less than it received last year. Donations of frozen turkeys will be accepted from 1-3 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 23, and Sunday, Nov. 24, at 234 Barnum Road, Devens.
Read more via Pantry accepting turkey donations – Sentinel & Enterprise.
MassDevelopment is accepting donations for the Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry now through early September.
Please consider donating your non-perishable items to Kathy O’Connor at 33 Andrews Parkway.
For more information, contact Kathy at 978-784-2933.
Read more via devenscommunity.com/news
Struggling To Make Ends Meet?
- Have you or someone in your household lost their job or had their hours cut?
- Are you choosing between heating your home, buying medications, or feeding yourself and your family?
- Do you need a little temporary help?
If so, come to a Loaves & Fishes open pantry session!
- Every Wednesday & Friday 9:45 am-12:30 pm
- First & third Saturday 9:00 am-11 am
- Second Tuesday of the month 6-8 pm
- Bring a recent utility bill as a proof of residency
- Shop at the pantry twice a month for food and clothing
- Receive groceries worth $300 to $400 each month
- Qualify to receive school backpacks and supplies for your children, holiday gifts, as well as scholarships for summer camp/enrichment activities (awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis depending on available funding)
Call a Loaves & Fishes Client advocate, if you have any questions at (978) 772-4627 x312
Please come and visit – Loaves & Fishes wants to help you!
Read more via Loaves & Fishes
Posted: 03/22/2013 07:40:19 AM EDT
Don’t forget that the 29th Annual Good Friday Walk will be held in Harvard on March 29.
This nondenominational walk helps provide groceries for over 950 households in the towns of Ayer, Groton, Harvard, Littleton, and Shirley, as well as families located on the former Fort Devens. (More than 43 percent of our total client population consists of children under the age of 18 and seniors over 65.)
Read more via Don’t forget Good Friday Walk – Nashoba Publishing Online.
MassDevelopment’s Devens office will hold a food drive for Loaves and Fishes. Items will be collected until December 6 and deliver them to the food pantry the next day.
Residents and members of the business community can drop off items at 33 Andrews Parkway and contact Kathy O’Connor at 978-784-2933 with any questions.
Read more via http://devenscommunity.com/news